Intern Software Engineer
The purpose of this role is to train interns to design, develop and test software and applications in order to enhance the skills of students for the job market after their education.
Makedu is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Makedu has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
Under the supervision of a Lead Software Engineer will:
1. Work on various web services & applications including front and back-end development.
2. Contribute exciting ideas and opinions in applying new and emerging technologies.
3. Work in the development and evolution of the current web-based systems Identify, triage and fix bugs based on user feedback and internal testing.
4. Ensure code is valid, properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices and/or operating systems.
5. Any other task as assigned by the Manager.
1. Pursuing a degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
3. Fair knowledge of PHP (knowledge of other languages added bonus).
4. Fair knowledge in database design and administration (MySQL, MSSQL).
5. Fair understanding of how the typical web stack functions from the server-side to the browser (LAMP mostly).
6. Fair understanding of good UI and UX design.
7. Fair understanding of web application security and vulnerability management.
8. Fair knowledge of dealing with cross-browser compatibility requirements.
9. Familiarity with version control systems (git, subversion or mercurial).
10.Understanding of web development best practices (e.g. responsive design for multiple target devices including mobile, graceful degradation etc.).
1. Good knowledge of computer programming and coding.
2. Fair knowledge in software testing & debugging.
3. Must be accountable.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Creative and strategic thinker.
6. Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
8. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
9. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
10. Must be empathetic.
11. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
12. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
13. Good time management skills.
14. Firm knowledge
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via Bewsys website. Visit our careers page to apply now: https://bewsys.com