National Service - Software Engineer
The purpose of this role is to train fresh graduates to design, develop and test software and applications in order to enhance their skills for the job market.
Makedu is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve the sustainable development goals.
Makedu has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
Under the supervision of a Lead Software Engineer will:
1. Work on various applications.
2. Contribute exciting ideas and opinions in applying new and emerging technologies.
3. Work in the development and evolution of the current systems.
4. Ensure code is valid, properly structured and meets industry standards.
5. Any other task as assigned by the Manager.
1. A first degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
2. Fair knowledge of PHP (knowledge of other languages added bonus).
3. Fair knowledge in database design and administration (MySQL, MSSQL).
4. Fair understanding of how the typical web stack functions from the server-side to the browser (LAMP mostly).
5. Familiarity with version control systems (git, subversion or mercurial).
1. Good knowledge of computer programming and coding.
2. Fair knowledge in software testing & debugging.
3. Must be accountable.
4. Good interpersonal and communication skills.
5. Creative and strategic thinker.
6. Good decision-making and problem-solving skills.
8. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
8. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
9. Must be empathetic.
10. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
11. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
12. Good time management skills.
Mode of Application
Application is strictly via the Bewsys website.
Deadline for application: Thursday, April 30, 2020, at 12:00 PM (GMT).