The Quality Manager is responsible for the overall development, implementation and maintenance of the Makedu's Quality Management System (QMS).
In this role, the successful candidate will identify, develop and establish the Makedu's Quality Management Systems and Procedures, plan and perform internal audits of company Systems in order to ensure compliance with relevant requirements as well as establish and approve guidelines and procedures for the company's business processes.
The successful candidate must lead the company to attain an ISO 9001:2015, Quality Management System certification within a year.
The candidate is expected to contribute immensely to the strategic planning activities by serving as a central point of contact and knowledge for all quality management activities across Makedu.
Makedu is an IT firm that truly understands sustainable development. We create impactful software solutions that help achieve sustainable development goals.
Makedu has a successful track record with international development partners such as UNICEF, UNDP, IOM, The World Bank and other bilateral organizations.
1. Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization’s products and services.
2. Identify and recommend quality improvement opportunities.
3. Manage ISO 9001 ongoing compliance and audits including liaising with staff, external auditors and addressing any non-compliance, recommendations or observations.
4. Maintain the ISO quality management system and associated quality documents including self-assessments and management reviews.
5. Manage the Quality Review Committee processes.
6. Manage confidential information and documentation regarding the Quality Management Systems of the organization.
7. Engage management and staff to work collaboratively on quality activities.
8. Oversee periodic management review meetings.
9. Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
10. Ensure timely and accurate Risk, Compliance & Occupational Safety and Health (OHS) reporting.
11. Develop, maintain and manage valued relationships with relevant external stakeholders, eg: auditors.
12. Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product and service requirements.
13. Ensure all client-facing activities are compliant with relevant certification requirements.
14. Ensure the evaluation of, and reporting on, vendor quality systems.
15. Keep up on standards, regulations/laws, issues, and news with respect to service quality.
16. Provide staff and management training on quality standards and help them comply.
17. Oversee and coordinate quality data collection including client and staff file audits, self-assessments and client feedback.
1. At least five (5) years of experience in a similar position.
2. Experience in leading a team to obtain an ISO 9001: 2015, Quality Management System. This experience in an IT firm will be of added advantage.
3. Audit experience with ISO 9001:2015.
4. Strong knowledge of risk management based on ISO 9001:2015.
5. Strong knowledge of information and communications technology.
1. In-depth knowledge of ISO clauses.
2. Critical thinking and decision making skills.
3. Can work with minimal supervision.
4. Should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google applications.
5. Must be accountable.
6. The behaviour of the successful candidate must be consistent with the company's mission, vision, values, and policies.
7. Good interpersonal skills.
8. Effective communication skills (written and oral).
9. Excellent decision-making and problem-solving skills.
11. Knowledge of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals.
12. Must be able to work both in a group and as an individual.
13. Ability to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
14. Ability and willingness to learn new skills to improve on self and the organization.
15. Good time management skills.
16. Firm knowledge.
17. Must possess management skills.
18. Must possess project management skills.
19. Must have good organizational skills
20. Commitment to personal and professional development
Mode of Application
Application is strict via Makedu Consult website. Visit our careers page to apply now: https://makeduconsult.com
Deadline for application: Monday, February 17, 2020, at 3:00 PM GMT